Reviewed March 15, 2012
FIRE SAFETY PLAN- EVACUATION- 911- STATEMENT
· The purpose of this plan is to get Staff and Public out of the Library AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.
· Library staff WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO EXTINGUISH A FIRE, or judge the merits of calling the Fire Department if there is a fire.
· If there is a fire and/or smoke PULL THE FIRE ALARM IMMEDIATELY. DO NOT HESITATE.
· Evacuation of staff and public will occur in the case of an EMERGENCY EVENT as outlined in the EMERGENCY PRODECURES document.
Important: Staff will meet in the Masonic Hall parking lot, Princess Street.
FIRE SAFETY PLAN
IN THE EVENT OF SMOKE OR FIRE OR SOUNDING OF THE ALARM
1. Pull Emergency Fire Alarms if not activated automatically.
2. EVACUATE ALL BUILDING OCCUPANTS.
Senior Staff on shift will delegate another Staff member to monitor evacuation of public and employees via Van Horne Ave. And Princess St. Exits, while he/she visually checks public washrooms to ensure everyone is evacuated. Senior Staff will exit via Princess St. Exit, and before exiting will seek auditory confirmation that the basement has been evacuated.
3. SECURE EXITS (Prevent anyone re-entering building.)
4. REPORT TO FIRE DEPARTMENT ON THEIR ARRIVAL.
5. Proceed to meeting place at Masonic Hall parking lot.
Staff and Patron Safety
In the event that City of Dryden Police Services needs to be called due to a dangerous and/or threatening patron or other circumstance where the services of the Police are required due to a matter of physical safety of a person, 911 will be dialled, not the seven digit number and not the City of Dryden internal directory telephone number.