Procurement Principles and Goals
- To procure by purchase, rental or lease the necessary quality and quantity of goods and/or services, including professional and consulting services in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner.
- To encourage open competitive bidding for the acquisition and disposal of goods and services where practical and to ensure equitable treatment of all vendors.
- To consider all costs, including, but not limited to, acquisition, operating, training, maintenance, quality, warranty, payment terms, disposal value and costs, in evaluating bid submissions from qualified, responsive and responsible vendors.
- To give full consideration to annual aggregate value or to consider the total project cost of specific goods and services that will be required by each department and by the City as a whole prior to determining the appropriate acquisition method.
- To encourage the procurement of goods or services with due regard to the preservation of the natural environment, vendors may be selected to supply goods made by methods resulting in the least damage to the environment and supply goods incorporating recycled materials where applicable.
- To have regard to the accessibility for persons with disabilities for all goods, services and construction purchased by the City.
Procurement By-law Includes Sections on:
- Principles and Goals
- General Conditions
- Responsibilities and Authorities
- Acquisition Process
- Contingency Contracts
- Cooperative Ventures
- Emergency Procurement
- In-House Bids
- Lease Financing
- Disposal of Surplus Goods
- Conflict of Interest
- Guarantee of Contract Execution and Performance
- Performance Evaluation
- Access to Information
- Schedule A - Purchasing Authorities and Responsibilities