NTAB works with regional communities to identify trends and opportunities in the local labour market environment that impacts our workforce.
The mission of the Northwest Training and Adjustment Board is to provide leadership for workforce development in the local board area by:
- Planning strategically for labour market development
- Working with other stakeholders to address and identify training needs
- Collecting appropriate data to identify current and future workforce trends
- Disseminating training and adjustment information to the region
- Identifying local needs and facilitating solutions
An enriched pool of community skills which will allow all people to participate more successfully in the Northwestern Ontario labour force.
A competitive labour force that results in a thriving and viable economy.
All partners collaborating towards Northwestern Ontario labour force development.
At PARO Centre for Women's Enterprise, we seek to empower women within their communities, strengthen small business and promote community economic development (CED) through integrated and women-centered program delivery. From training and business coaching, to networking events and peer lending circles, all of our innovative programs and services are designed to increase the self-sufficiency and success of women, families and communities in the North.
Vision & Values
PARO Centre for Women's Enterprise is focused primarily on delivering programs to enhance micro-enterprise development and to provide for the development and support of peer lending circles.
By offering educational programs, economic alternatives, training, opportunities to network and mentor with other women, business counselling, and support; PARO aims to improve the lives of its members and have a positive impact on the community and the region.
At the PARO Centre for Women's Enterprise, we value:
- Peer Support
PACE - Patricia Area Community Endeavours
Patricia Area Community Endeavours Inc. (or PACE) is committed to promoting economicgrowth within the Patricia Region of Northwestern Ontario.Our purpose is to encourage local community and economic development through provision ofsmall business loans, non-profit funding, counselling and support to entrepreneurs andcommunity groups.
We serve a broad range of communities, including Dryden, Eagle Lake First Nation, Ignace, Lac Seul First Nation, Machin, Pickle Lake, Sioux Lookout, Wabigoon Lake Ojibway Nation, and all areas located in between.
PACE works cooperatively with its communities towards creating sustainable business organizations and programs in a diverse global economy.
PACE believes in:
- Conducting business with integrity in an open-minded approachable environment;
- being innovative and receptive to changes;
- acting in the best interest of organizations, small businesses and communities;
- making decisions based on regional community organizations and business issues and needs.
BDC - Business Development Bank Of Canada
Our values are our guide as we help Canadian entrepreneurs grow and prosper. Their success is our success.
Building tomorrow's business
For more than 60 years we have been helping small businesses develop into tomorrow's business leaders.
Our qualified professionals are there to help entrepreneurs grow their business.
With us, entrepreneurs can rest assured that they will receive superior, customized service at every stage of their business development.
The Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) is a financial institution owned by the government of Canada. We deliver financial and consulting services that complement those of private sector financial institutions.
- Our vision is to accelerate SME success.
- Our mission is to provide financing, capital and consulting services to help create and grow Canadian SMEs
Have a look at how BDC solutions can help your business grow.
Northwest Business Centre - Empowering Entrepreneurs
The Northwest Business Centre is empowering entrepreneurs - like you - across the entire Kenora Rainy River district; helping businesses start, grow, expand, and prosper. Browse our site, embrace your idea, contact us, and prepare to embark on the business journey you have dreamed of.
The Northwest Business Centre is a provincial small business assistance centre developed in cooperation with the province, municipality, and private sector. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs with the skills, advice, and resources needed to succeed in small business. Our services are free and are available to all community members including business owners, prospective entrepreneurs, youth, aboriginals and other minority groups, and people in certain government programs.
Dryden Regional Airport
The Dryden Regional Airport offers domestic flights through Bearskin Airlines which offers non-stop flights to Sioux Lookout, Kenora and Red Lake as well as direct flights to Thunder Bay and Winnipeg. It offers a modern full service facility with ILS capability, 5000 foot runway as well as aviation fueling.
Northwestern Ontario Innovation Centre
The Northwestern Ontario Innovation Centre will act as a catalyst to:
- Create jobs by supporting innovative entrepreneurs to establish and/or expand their businesses.
- Contribute to the long-term economic growth of Thunder Bay and Northwestern Ontario.
- Create conditions favorable for technology transfer to industry through development and commercialization of innovative companies
- Encourage ongoing co-operation between business, education and government.
- Support innovative projects.
We lead change and act on ideas. We implement where others won't.
To only undertake innovative projects and programs where we can clearly illustrate value to our clients, partners, members and sponsors. We are committed to ensuring responsibility and accountability for our efforts.
To seek long-term value-added client relationships rooted in partnership and based on success.
People matter. We are committed to an honest, open corporate culture based on team work, ethics, integrity and outstanding results.
Confederation College is an agency of the province of Ontario, established by Legislation. The people of Northwestern Ontario are the moral owners of Confederation College.
Confederation College, serving a diversity of learners, develops citizens who will be positioned for success in their lives and careers. The college provides a workforce relevant to the communities of Northwestern Ontario and beyond.
Further, Confederation College exists to ensure the following:
SUCCESSFUL LEARNERS WITH DIVERSE LEARNING PATHWAYS
Diverse learners have knowledge, skills, and attitudes for life-long learning and career success.
- Learners have access to personal learning pathways with appropriate support for individual success.
- Learners have access to flexible delivery models that are effective in responding to their needs.
- Learners meet or exceed recognized performance indicators of knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
PRODUCTIVE EMPLOYEES AND EMPLOYERS
Businesses, industries, and organizations have a productive, adaptable, ethical workforce enabling them to compete in a rapidly changing environment.
- Employees and employers have access to flexible training, education, and applied research, that meets their diverse learning and unique geographic needs.
- Employers are satisfied that graduates meet or exceed recognized performance indicators.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AND CAPACITY
Our diverse communities experience socio-economic well-being as a result of our contributions.
- Northwestern Ontario is sustainable and healthy.
- Indigenous communities are autonomous and self-reliant.
- Global communities are enhanced.
Northwest Employment Works (NEW) - Dryden
Northwest Employment Works is an employment program delivered by Confederation College and funded by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
If you're out of school and looking for work, we can help!
- Information on careers and occupations
- Résumé, cover letter and interview assistance
- Job development placement services
- Information on Apprenticeships
Northwest Employment Works works for you, creating solutions for your hiring needs!
There are several benefits for our employers including:
- Pre-screened Candidates
- Job shadows, Trials and Placements
- Training subsidies
- On-the-Job support
To the people we provide service to, we pledge to: